Every local authority has to make arrangements for an information advice and support service in their area. We provide impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents, children and young people to:
- fully participate in discussions and make informed decisions
- express their views and wishes about education and future aspirations
- promote independence and self advocacy
- develop positive relationships with schools, colleges, universities, the local authority and support services to achieve positive outcomes.
- Telephone support provided by SEND trained advisors
- Face to face support by trained advisors and volunteers
- Community support through workshops provided at local venues, offering a variety of training and surgery sessions as well as an annual conference. These are sometimes held in partnership with other organisations.